Monday, November 29, 2010

Seriously?

Dear police department that employs my husband,

Could you BACK UP OFF, please?

Listen, I know you guys are understaffed.  But that's what happens when you let 6 officers leave or get fired and you don't replace them!

My husband? He hates to leave people in a crunch. And I love that about him. But, 72 hours in a week? That is ridiculous. You may wonder why he is working so much. It's because your sergeants, who are ON CALL refuse to come in, leaving the hubs to take care of it all.  You know, he has two days off a week.  And when he volunteers to fill in on one of those, it doesn't mean that he's volunteering to fill in on that day for 8 months!

And when Thanksgiving is his day off, not something he asked for specifically, and you make him work it because somebody didn't double check the scheduling and scheduled someone who was out of town, that's your fault. You work it. Don't call my husband in because "you knew you could count on him." That's garbage. He's not even at the bottom of the totem pole!

Don't get me wrong. I am very thankful that my husband is employed. And I am so proud of the work he does. But right now, he's working on about 4 hours of sleep. He worked from 2 p.m. Saturday to 8 a.m. Sunday, and worked 2 p.m. Sunday to 8 a.m. today. And he's home now, taking care of our toddler. And he isn't sleeping!  And he's supposed to go back in at 2? You're kidding me, right?

This is what I don't understand. How come when someone calls out, the hubs is the one stuck filling in, but if he tries to call out he's told "Nope. Sorry. We don't have anyone to cover for you."

I know I'm a little grumpy about it.  But, you know what the worst part is?

Ansley sees less of her parents together than she sees us apart.  And that just isn't cool.

So, would you kindly work something out? Hire some new people? Have your on-call people actually be on call?  I miss my husband terribly, and I'm worried he's making himself sick.  And that just can't be going on in my house. So use your title of Chief or Deputy Chief, flex those muscles, and do something about it, m'kay? I don't want to have to get ugly about it. That just isn't the right thing to do.

And, after all, I am a lady.

Smooches!
Tiffany

No comments:

Post a Comment