Sunday, November 7, 2010

Creating a monster

So, my child is sick. I know I have complained plenty about that, and my facebook friends and twitter peeps have heard enough. So, if you're one of those, you may want to stop reading now.

Anywho, the kiddo has had a runny nose for days now, and the only time it isn't running is when she's sleeping, and then it's more clogged than a shower drain in a girl's dorm. And, on top of it all, the little person decided that after 13 months sans teeth, she may as well just get 5 at a time. Lovely.

What exactly does this mean? It means that my dear, sweet, precious cutie pie has a red, sore nose, with snot seemingly cascading out, a chin covered in drool matched only in amount by what has managed to make it to the front of her shirt. My little girl that was so easily put down for naps and bed doesn't do that anymore. So, the result? She's been napping with me. In my bed. And I'm worried she may like it too much.

But, if we nap at the same time, she sleeps SO much better. We're talking, 2.5 hours as opposed to 20 minutes. And, in the mornings (thank you daylight savings time), she's been waking up at 6:45. And, seeing as how I believe life does not begin before 8 a.m. and a glass of milk, I put her back in bed with us. Where she uses us as a jungle gym (and I really don't get any extra sleep).

I know we'll break the habit. And, it probably won't be very difficult. The greatest thing? Ansley is staying the weekend with the grandparents while we enrich our marriage. So maybe that's when the habit will be broken.

I'm sorry, in-laws. I'm sorry.

No comments:

Post a Comment