Thursday, November 25, 2010

The giving of Thanks

Today is the day. The day where emergency room visits due to cuts increase tenfold, along with cholesterol and waistlines. It's the day that brings in the OFFICIAL start of the Christmas season (not Halloween).

It's Thanksgiving!

Today started early, with Ansley waking at 6. After crawling around in the bed, she finally fell asleep on my arm. We reawakened at 9, not cause of the kiddo, but because the pups needed a bathroom break.

I love playing hostess. I love cooking and opening my home. But that isn't what this day is about. It's about setting aside a special time just to realize how much we have to be thankful for. Though should we really only express our gratitude once a year?

No. But I must admit I struggle in that department. I don't let the hubs know how thankful I am for his willingness to work as he does to provide. I don't let my parents know that I'm thankful for them, because it has made me who I am.

I don't let other family members know how much they mean to me, and how thankful I am for the sacrifices they have made along the way.

I have so much to be thankful for, and I pray that every day I will realize just how many blessings I have. Even if one of the best ones has forgotten how to sleep.

Blessings to all, and a very happy holiday season!
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.5

No comments:

Post a Comment