Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Of course it would happen that way.

I know I have been complaining about Ansley waking at 6:30. And, for some of you, that's after you're on your way to work, and I realize that.  So I'm sorry for complaining. But I don't have to be at work until 9!

Anywho, I have to admit. I was a little excited when I learned of the plan for today.  The hubs is working 8 to 4 since he has training. The excitement was due to 2 things:

1. He would be home by 5, and we would get the evening together! Yay!
2. He would have to be up and moving by 6 a.m., roughly 30 minutes prior to Ansley's new wake-up time. And, since he was taking her with him, that meant he would have to get her up, leaving me to snooze cozily another hour and a half. Fabulous!

Of course, even the best laid plan can be skewed. My eyes this morning cracked open, and I looked at the clock. "Oh, wow. It's 7! Ansley is still asleep! Beautiful."

I rolled over, and just before my eyelids met in sweet sleep, I sat straight up. "Crap! The hubs isn't up either!"

I quickly woke him up so he could get a move on. I crawled out of bed so I could get the kiddo up.  I thought for sure she would be sitting in her bed, playing with her glow worm. Instead, she was SOUND ASLEEP!  So much so, that I had to pick her up to wake her. Simply saying her name was drowned by the glory of her dreamland.

So, I picked her up, and thankfully, she was happy. We had a diaper change, and I started to dress her. And, she wanted to cuddle. She kept hugging me and snuggling up to my chest and looking up at me and smiling.  She didn't fight while getting dressed, and she even "helped" put her shoes on.

By the time the hubs made it out of the house, it was about 7:20. And you better believe I crawled back into bed. I didn't sleep, but I snuggled into the blankets. And, it was delish.

On a day that was to be normal, everything opposite happened. Ansley slept in, I had to get up, Paul was late, Ansley wanted to snuggle with me.  Here's hoping for a repeat tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment