Thursday, June 3, 2010

An Unhealthy Obsession

First on my list of things I "love" (mind you, these are in no particular order), has to be Ben and Jerry's Half Baked ice cream.

If you have been a reader for &some time, you know that I frequently reference that ooey gooey goodness.

Here'e the issue. On sale, it comes in at around $2.50 a pint. I get about 4 servings out of a pint, so, really it's about $5 a week. $20 a month. That means I spend 20 flippin' dollars on ICE CREAM. However, it must be stated that I don't buy it every week. Maybe more like every other week, or even once a month.

Granted, B&J is to die for, and if I was stranded on a desert isle with only one food for the rest of my life, I would have to figure out how to make a freezer cause I'd have to keep that nectar frozen. But, it may be nearing an addiction stage. Or, at least obsession.

So, you may ask, "Is it really worth the money?" HECK YEAH. I know all the different things I could buy with that $20 a month. Like buy Ansley clothes. Or buy me clothes. Or have lunch with the girls. Or put gas in the car. Or feed my kid. All those things are important, but doesn't a momma with a full-time office job and a full-time momma job deserve a little treat?

I have, however found a downside to my love of the cold comfort. It seems that my consumption has a direct correlation with my washer and drier shrinking my clothes. I haven't quite figured it out yet, and I should probably call the service guy to come out and take a look. If I can't figure out what going on and why all my clothes are shrinking, I may have to cut out the Half Baked and use that money to buy more clothes.

While I'm at it, maybe I'll just buy new appliances too, so my new clothes don't shrink. Then I can go back to my friends, Ben and Jerry.

1 comment:

  1. Hilarious! I think the same of Haagen Dazs 'Cookies & Cream'. On the washing machine front, I'm sure mine is broken...

    ReplyDelete