Monday, June 21, 2010

Little Girl

Dear Ansley,

Today, you turned 9-months-old. Do you know what that means? It means you have been an outside baby longer than you were an inside baby. Yay!

I am amazed at how much you've grown over these past 9 months. Not only in size, but in personality. It seems that each day you are trying a new thing to make us laugh. And, it works.

On Saturday, you started playing Peek-a-Boo. You put your arms up over your eyes, and quickly bring them down with a smile and giggle. But, sometimes you fool us. You start to bring your arms down and decide to go with a fake out, and laugh when we say "boo" prematurely. You're going to be a little jokester.

You've been an all-out crawler now for about 2 weeks. There is no stopping you. We've baby proofed the house, but you still somehow manage to find things that you shouldn't have. Like dog food. And diamonds that you happen to find in the floor (please feel free to continue to find those, btw). You love playing with my mixing bowls and spoons, though, honestly, I think Daddy enjoys it a little more than you do.

You are pulling up on EVERYTHING, including the dogs, chairs, legs and your crib. You prefer to have someone hold your hands and let you walk around, rather than just crawl where you want.

You are growing up, kiddo. I've tried to remember all the details of the day you were born, but some things are fading, and it makes me sad. But those memories are being replaced with new ones, that I'm pretty sure I won't forget.

Like when you said "ma-ma" and I knew you wanted me. And how if Aunt Crystal is holding you, sometimes you won't even come to me. And how excited you were when you first crawled. And how you would not stop yelling and blowing raspberries on my arm while we were in Victoria's Secret. You're supposed to be subtle in that store and not draw attention to yourself!

Sometimes, I'd like to know what's going on in that head of yours. You can have the most serious expression on your face, and nothing we do can cause you to crack a smile. What are you thinking during those times? And other times, the cat can simply walk by and you will roar with a big belly laugh.

Everyone told me that you would be grown before I knew it, and I didn't believe them. But, it's happening. And it's happening right before my eyes.

So, slow down, little one. You don't have to be in such a rush. Take your time, and give Mommy and Daddy time to enjoy each individual milestone instead of piling them on top of each other. Keep playing Peek-a-Boo. Keep giggling when Daddy blows raspberries on your neck, even if it's pity laughter. Enjoy the kitty, and the puppies, but don't chew on their ears.

Soon, you'll be walking, and then you'll be running out of the door for school. But just remember, that on the day you turned 9-months-old, your Daddy was your hero and Mommy was your best friend. Well, except for maybe that darned cat that you love so much.

I love you Ansley! Happy 9-months!
Mommy
Ansley Reese, 2 days old, 9-23-09
Ansley Reese, 9-months-old (minus 2 days), 6-19-10

No comments:

Post a Comment