Tuesday, May 11, 2010

My Partner

I love my husband. There is no hiding that fact. He is honest, trustworthy, faithful, and really, really good looking.

He is a hard worker, doing what is needed to provide for our family. When I was pregnant and my air conditioning went out in my car, he said he would fix it for me. He got me a new car. My dream car.

He's worked numerous jobs at a time, and has made multiple offers to me to stay at home with the babe. But, we're partners. And I want to help.

Right now, his work schedule means that Ansley and I spend evenings together five days a week. She gets mornings with Daddy and evenings with Mommy. Thursdays and Fridays are our family days, as well as Saturday mornings and Sunday mornings.

It isn't the most fun. But, after a couple of years, you get used to it. I don't have to feel guilty about having specific television shows I enjoy watching. Because Paul isn't home, and it doesn't take away from our time (though, it does occasionally happen to take away from laundry time). I get time to blog, and read, and take a warm bath, and keep filling up the tub when the water cools off. And I love it.

But, even when I'm eating from my personal pint of Half Baked and watching Glee (I started out as a closet fan, but no more. I am Totally.Addicted.), I miss him. And sometimes, I miss him so much I can't think about anything else. I can't distract myself, and all I can think about is when he will be home.

Tonight is one of those nights. It hasn't been particularly bad. Ansley's bedtime routine wasn't trouble. I even cooked myself dinner rather than opting for the regular bowl of cereal or frozen meal. It's been a good night. But I miss Paul. And I really need him here. NOW.

Because my back has been itching for about an hour, and I can't reach it. And it's driving me crazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment