Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Don't Forget your Manners!

Dear Volunteer Co-irker,
I mean, Cowoker,

I am so blessed that you have decided to spend your afternoon here at my place of work to help sort donated baby clothes. This ministry would not exist if not for kind-hearted people willing to give of their time.

However, though you are working in what seems like a big, multipurpose room, I must remind you that my office is is the corner. I just don't have walls, or even a cubicle. But, it's still my office, and it's where I spend the majority of my time.

Because of the openness of the area, I can hear all that is going on, and, unfortunately, some of it is very distracting. So, I ask you, please say "excuse me" or "pardon me" if you feel the need to burp. OUT LOUD.

I know it seems I am working really hard and I'm focused on my project, which is true most of the time. But burping is one of those things that simply seems to stand out. Loudly.
,
I don't know all of your circumstances, and the burping may be due to some digestive issues you can't help. But you can say "excuse me." I know you can. I've heard you.

So, please, pretty, pretty PLEASE with a cherry on top of real whipped cream, use your manners, m'kay? How am I supposed to teach my kiddo manners and expect her to use them if older adults around her don't do the same?

Huggsies,
Ansley's Momma

No comments:

Post a Comment