Monday, July 12, 2010

Am I McFatty Material?

Several of the mommyblogs I read have a series called "McFatty Monday." It's a group of women, that since the birth of their child, or just because, have decided to lose weight, get in shape, and just plain eat healthier. Each Monday, they post on their success of the previous week, any setbacks, and encourage others on the same journey.

After I had Ansley, I dropped my weight quickly. I'm not trying to rub it in anyone's face at all. However, that quick drop of the weight led me to believe that I could eat anything I wanted, not exercise, and not gain back any of the weight. I took my personal rule of "only one sweet treat a day" to mean I had to have a sweet treat every day, and size wasn't an issue.

So, 8 months, 10 pints of Ben and Jerry's and 2 pants size later, I've realized that I need to get back in shape. Pronto.

Now, I'm not sayin' I want to lose a bunch of weight like my McFatty Friends have done. But, I do want to be healthy. Terribly. I don't even think I need to really watch what I eat. I'm doing a pretty good job of watching it take up residence on my butt. Seriously though, I pretty much stay away from caffeine (I miss my sweet tea dearly), salt, non-water beverages and fast food.

But, dude, I need to exercise more. My muffin tops are back.

So, here's the deal. I want to exercise five days a week. Acceptable exercise includes (but is not limited to): DWTS exercise DVD, at least a 30 minute bike ride, 45 minute walk (which includes walking around the mall for 45 minutes).

Other forms of exercise (ahem, it's exercise. Ask any doctor) do not count toward my weekly goal, but will be strongly encouraged (by the hubs, as always).

The way I see it, if I put it in writing, people are bound to ask me how it's going. So, keep me accountable.

But, if you see me with a tall glass of sweet tea and a pint of Half Baked, just know it was probably a bad day, and it's making me feel better, m'kay?

1 comment:

  1. I have to say when I saw you with and Ansley with that baby bike today, I thought dang she is committed. Good Job!!!I was impressed.

    ReplyDelete