Thursday, April 15, 2010

Yesterday I peed on myself.

Literally. Ok, well, maybe not literally, but not all of it made it in the toilet, that's for sure.



So, I was picking the kiddo up from the grandparents (hers), and I decided to stop by the grandparents (mine). I left the little bucket of slobber outside in the beautiful weather, while I ventured my way to the bathroom.


Now, you have to realize, my grandparents are in their mid-80s. And I love them. To death. But, you know how when you're a kid and everything at grandma's house is covered in plastic and smells funny, and you find things in the bathroom that you're pretty sure belong in a museum (or, at least the trash)? I can remember the time I realized the horror that is dentures. My grandmother hadn't put them in their clever little case, and I walked in and their were teeth on the counter. Yeah, it was pretty freaky.


Actually, I'm always reminded of the movie "Dennis the Menance" when I think about my grandparent's bathroom. If you haven't seen it, check it out. There is a super funny scene which involves mouth wash for nose spray and cleaner for mouth wash. Hysterical.

Anyways, back to the peeing on myself. So, since spring has sprung, I opted for a skirt that morning. And, in the rush to get the business taken care of and out of the museum of things found in the bathroom's of senior citizens, I just pulled the skirt up rather than down. Or, so I thought.

Luckily, I noticed what was happening before anything too awful happened, and what did happen only happened to the hem of my skirt. So, I dried it off, and coyly found my way past the plastic covered sofa and china cabitnet full of every tiny beeny baby McDonald's has ever released, back outside.

And I left my little secret to myself. And maybe those people that kept looking at me funny in Walmart.

2 comments:

  1. Now, the sofa thing isn't true and either is the stuffed toys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excuse me. Not literally covered in plastic, but might as well be, and I am pretty sure she does have every teeny beany baby from mcdonald's. Maybe not all in that cabinet, but I've seen them, they're there.

    ReplyDelete