Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Big news!

You know how sometimes, it's just easier to hide behind your computer screen to make an announcement, because you don't have to deal with the cheers and hugs, and even potential tears that come along?


Well, that's what I've decided to do. Partially because I can express myself much better through written words, and partially because I'm not a real touchy-feely kinda person. This is my space. That is yours. Don't invade my space without being invited, m'kay?


Anyhoo, the announcement. Paul and I decided to add another to our family. ::gasp:: Yes, it's true, and it's already happened.


We have been talking about it for some time now, but just didn't know if it was a commitment we were ready for. Ansley is a handful, and I can't even imagine adding more to my plate. But, things just seemed to fall in to place.


The first opportunity presented itself, and Paul was much more on board with the idea than I was. I mean, he's gone during the evenings, and that leaves me to handle a lot. But, I agreed, and we soon discovered that it didn't work out.


I felt relieved, but at the same time, I had that nagging feeling like I missed out. You know, like when you get the opportunity to enjoy a nice Mudslide, but pass up the drink because it's way expensive and is approximately the same price as that cute shirt on sale at Old Navy, and then they don't have the shirt in your size? Yeah, that's what it felt like.

But, a second opportunity came along, so, I took it.


It has taken me a while to let the cat out of the bag. I guess because I didn't want to be considered one of those people. You know, the ones that have a house full and are in way over their heads and still sign up to host a small group, a Mary Kay party and dog sit for their neighborhood? Yeah, I judge those people. I'm sorry, but if you can't properly care for one, and are nearly bald after a hectic day of feedings and cleanings, should you continue to add more to that already full plate?


How long has it taken, you ask? Well, we are certain of his status as a male. There is no doubt. We've even decided on a name already! We tossed a few around, like Jack, Max, and Remington. I also really liked the option of Hugo, but Paul said it was weird and I needed to get over my fixation with Lost. But, we finally decided.


We decided on Rufus. Yeah, a little bit out there, but we like it. It's different, and unique.


So, go ahead. Consider use those people. Judge us. Yes, our plates are full, but that's the way we like our house as well.


Hopefully, I'll do a much better job uploading pictures. I haven't been very successful in the past, but we'll see. So, world of the web, I introduce you to Rufus!









Oh, I'm sorry. Did I forget to mention that Rufus is a puppy? I hate when I leave out the most important fact!

Our house is full! Ansley, then furbabies Rascal, Bunker and Rufus (who will hopefully encourage the hubs to add a fence so he can live outside!)

No comments:

Post a Comment