Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Yay! She's out!

So, have you ever had a really juicy piece of gossip that you just HAD to share?

The Christian thing to do is disguise it as a prayer request. That wouldn't work in this situation.

Or, you tell the hubby just to get it off your chest, but he doesn't give you the excited response you think your news deserves.

Or, you think about posting it on your blog, changing the names to protect the innocent, and hope that person doesn't catch on that Sally has their exact same story.

This has been my battle. My month-long battle. But, now, I can pound it out in all it's glory. I can shout it from the roof tops.

MY BESTIE IS KNOCKED UP!

That's right, she outed herself on facebook, so it is now free reign. I can tell people. I can write about it. I can talk to her about it in public. And, dangit, I can openly pass along the maternity clothes.

Not that this is reason for a separate blog post, but this news has been a long time coming, and I'm just. so. excited. There is much more to the story that makes this news truly grand. In fact, with the news came the tears. My tears. And I'm not the least bit jealous.

So, friends of the interwebs. Bask in the glow of your computer screen, which represents the glow of my joy. I'll make sure she knows that lunch meat is okay to eat. And so is feta cheese. And lack of symptoms does not mean lack of pregnancy. Oh, the first trimester. ::Sigh::

Ok. Maybe just a little bit jealous. But not enough to go through it all again. Not yet, anyway.

So, here's to you, Cathy, uh, I mean, Sally. Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment