Thursday, August 5, 2010

Whew. May I please be myself now?

Dearest blog,
How I've missed you! I've missed our time together, our secret meetings during the work day. And I've certainly felt our separation.

You calm me, and listen to my emotional ramblings, and help me work through them before I even think about hashing out the roughest cuts with the hubs. You help me get-and keep- my perspective on the busy world around me.

You help me keep track of my kiddo, and remember the things that make me laugh. You're a photo album, and lead me on walks down memory lane.

Please don't take it personally. I just haven't been able to sit down and enjoy a cup of tea with you. For one, we spent a wonderful week on vacation. Secondly, our air conditioning took it's own vacation for a week, and when the temps bottoming out around 85, sitting in the room that doesn't have a ceiling fan isn't my idea of fun. Also, Ansley decided that because of the 2 aforementioned issues, she did not have to adjust accordingly. She didn't sleep well, often waking up as though she just showered, and wanted to be held but not really cause that just made her warmer.

But I want to get back with you. We have so much to catch up on. Like the vacation, and that week Satan allowed some of his homies to visit my house, in the form of a broken AC.

And I'll promise I'll be better about keeping our dates. But I've got to be honest. If the hubs is around, you've got to hit the road.

Smooches!

No comments:

Post a Comment