I just enjoyed a vacation. At the beach. With my whole family.
I love all three of those things. But vacation always seems to fly by so quickly. It seems like it takes MONTHS to get here, then is over before you know it. This year, however, I managed to find some things that seemed to extend our time there.
Top 10 Ways to Make Your Beach Vacation Seem Longer:
10. Make your pregnant sister sleep on the sofa bed.
9. Stay in a house that sleeps 8, but have 10 people.
8. Rent the quaint little house next door to the three story house with a beautiful, crystal-clear swimming pool.
7. While at stoplights, look around to find yourself surrounded by cars not only from your home state, but FROM YOUR COUNTY. (We were 9 hours from home)
6. Dream about work. Every. Flippin. Night.
5. Go to Walmart. Every day.
4. Make sure your dogs know that a recent high school grad is house sitting, and they need to do everything in their power to be the topic of several facebook conversations, including having puppies!
3. Pack almost 20 different shirts, but some how manage to forget to pack enough undies.
2. Get a major sinus infection the first day.
And, the number one way to make a beach vacation seem that much longer....
Plan it for the same time as Shark Week.
Oh, and, make sure your kiddo decides to cry the last hour of your trip home.
But that's 11 ways. Just leave one out.