Monday, May 23, 2011

Steps in the right direction

Today was day 3.

The third day that binkie, aka the paci, was left in Ansley's bed when she woke up.

I've heard mixed opinions. My moms have told me that she's fine, she's still a baby. But the glances I get from people in the grocery store say otherwise.

Yes, my child is in the mid 90% for height, and upper 80s for weight. She doesn't looks like she should be turning 3 instead of 2... in 4 months non the less.

So, no, you aren't seeing a pre-k kid with a paci. And her teeth are fine. And she talks all.the.time.

But, nonetheless, we decided to phase out the binkie. So far, so good. Today, she didn't even ask for it! And we've been binkie free since saturday. With the exception of a few hours this morning because the hubs had to work a double last night and decided it was necessary for him to catch a cat nap on the couch while the kiddo played "box" (or, blocks. whatev.)

I guess I've been stalling because I honestly can't believe that in 4 short months, she will be 2. That means its time for me to stop keeping her age in months. It's time to potty train. It's time to transition to a toddler bed. It's time... to take deep breaths...

No comments:

Post a Comment